Friday, August 26, 2005

From Newport to Stella Blues

This will be a quickie! I started my new hostessing job at a really cool restaurant called Stella Blues today( http://www.stellablues.com/ ). A girl named Emery trained me and she was great. The people are friendly, the food is good, and the atmosphere phenomenal. If you come to visit, we will be going to Stella's for dinner. I had CPR training earlier so I didn't work with kids today- the second day of school for them! I also have to be out at a reading training tomorrow all day. Nothing the Dept. of Ed. does here makes sense at all. I have a new roommate moving in over the weekend- a girl named Karen who moved here from Michigan. SHe teaches 5th grade at my school (Kihei- said KEY HEY). She is super nice and we never see each other at work so it should be good. I haven't had a roommate in a while so it'll be an adjustment. THe last roommate I had was Kevin, and he slept all day so it was just fine!! :) (love ya kev)

I'm planning for Jack to arrive on Sept. 9th. I am hoping that Maggie (my stepmom) will be able to fly with him. It will be cheaper, I'll feel better about him flying, and I'll get to show her around my new world!

Well I am totally exhausted so I'm off to crash out. Aloha to you!! Susie

No comments: