Thursday, June 22, 2006

Post Bonnaroo, Pre-Outer Banks...

Greetings from Newport Blues. I'm at my good friend Jamie's house after a late night out. Got to see a bunch of friends last night... it was a great time. Still recovering from the phenomenon they call Bonnaroo.. what an adventure that was! I just have to recap some of that experience...
Thursday afternoon I arrive in Nashville carrying my sleeping bag, pillow, and large duffel bag. Turns out the friends I was meeting (who were driving in) were way behind schedule and therefore not arriving at the festival for 6 or so hours after me. What was I supposed to do with all of my stuff in the middle of a farm in rural Tennessee for that long? Well, luckily, I met some guys from Richmond who gave me beers and food and let me hang out with them at their campsite for the duration! They were great people and whenever I download my pics I have to get some of them to them. Camped in my friend Kurt's tent for 4 days.. not too bad except you HAD to get up at 7 am b/c of the heat and then there were no showers to be had. Well, you could pay $10 for a shower, but that didn't seem worth it to me since I would have been filthy again within hours. I didn't have a real shower from Thursday am to Monday pm. I was pretty nasty! Now for the music... Stevie Nicks joined Tom Petty for several songs which was a treat. Bonnie Raitt put on a fabulous show. Elvis Costello, Damien Marley, Radiohead, and Donavan Frankenreiter put on great sets as well. But my favorite was Beck!! He really put on a theatrical extravaganza.

No comments: