Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all the mommies. I got to talk to my mom and my stepmom today, but it would have been nice to have seen them! Oh well, in a few weeks I'll be home and I can hug them then.

I had a big singles match today in Wailea. It was such a great match.. I ended up losing in the 3rd set tie breaker which was a bummer, but I was happy with how I played. I wanted to win!!

This weekend was super lowkey. I needed it. I broke down and bought a stereo for my miata.. the cheapest one I could find at walmart- $55.00! My stereo kept dying and the old 'bang it with a screw driver' trick just stopped working. Now I have to figure out how to put it in.

Katie was so cute on the webcam today. She kept waving at me and showed off by dancing for me too. Apparently she takes after her Auntie Susie and loves music. Smart girl.

Tom, a new 3 month renter, moves in tomorrow and my current roomate, Kristine is mvoing back to California. Her contract is up at the nursing home where she works. Tom ironically lived here when he was younger and went to the elementary school where I teach. He will be a senior at Virginia Tech next year (Mike is elated) and is here doing an internship at the Research and Tech center for Haleakala (http://www.nps.gov/hale/). His dad used to be the head of the observatory there and his mom is a writer who runs the Writer's Conference in Wailea every year. I really would love to go to that conference so maybe we can pull some strings!! Most importantly, he LOVES dogs and is going to watch Jack (with enthusiasm) while I am on vacation on the mainland!! That makes me so happy to know that he will be very well taken care of. :)

I better go get my stuff ready for the morning. Hope all is well in your world. I am planning to get together with Jason Kundis's (high school friend) wife and kids this week. My co-teacher graduated high school with her (ironically) so we are all getting together.
Have a great week! Aloha, Susie

No comments: