Saturday, July 12, 2008

aloha saturday

jill and i are just in from an early kayaking trip courtesy of phil the super tour guide. i didn't get phil's message that he had space on his kayak tour until 6 am this morning, and we had to be there at 7 am. we RALLIED and made it there on time. we saw several turtles and fish, a few rays, and i held a sea urchin in my hand. hope to get the pic of that from phil took to post it here. jill is slightly sunburnt today after several hours on the beach yesterday in lahaina and a paddle boarding trip the day before. there hasn't been much time for couch surfing around here lately.

my maui classroom is packed up and on my lanai in large plastic containers awaiting shipment. i have emailed my new principal in stuttgart and am waiting for her reply. here is the website for my new school http://www.rbar-es.eu.dodea.edu/.

i am contemplating what to do about my car and my place here. the car can go with me or i can sell it and buy a newer one in va to take with me. my ohana- apartment- is super sweet, but so far i haven't found anyone that i know that can take it. just posted it on craigslist which i didn't want to have to do, but my options are limited. just need to get coverage for aug and sept. my landlords are back in october and are working with me on covering my lease. if i know you and you want to visit maui in august, there is a possibility that it will be open for the month. i will not charge you too much, but want help covering my rent.

more to come later...

;0 suz

No comments: