Monday, March 03, 2008

Happy Aloha Monday

Greetings from the Valley Isle. I wanted to write to say that I had a most wonderful visit with my good friend Aimee over this past week. She had never been to Maui before and it was a great adventure! The second day she was here, we went on a kayak tour (thanks for the freebee, Peter!) and saw several humpback whales, 3 seaturtles, and a black and white mantaray right beside or boats! WOW. I had never seen a mantaray in it's natural setting and I will never tire of seeing whales and turtles. What an awesome experience. We went to a luau that I had never been to before called the Feast at Lele. That was the best laua I had ever been to and I would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking to go to a classy luau here. Aimee explored the island while I worked much of the week. I would get home from work and off we'd go on a next excursion. We went to Oahu on Thursday and had the opportunity to go to the north shore. Stopped in Haleiwa and had huli huli chicken at a church stand on the side of the road. Got to go to my favorite store in that town, and then headed to Sunset Beach, hoping to be able to feed the sea turtles. The beach was beautiful and the surf was huge, but no turtles. It was not so much of a disappointment as you will see when I get a chance to post some of the pics we took there. We got back to Maui Friday night and went to see my friend's band, A Kettle Prime, play. Aimee loved them as much as I do! Saturday we went to the beach by my house and then to a bbq at a beach park on the way to lahaina. I took her to the airport Saturday night (we stopped to get her pineapples to go and I bought her another lei) and I got a message that she made it home to Michigan. I am sure it was a shocker when she got off the plane! Anyway, work calls so I must sign off for now. Have a super happy aloha Monday.

Susie

No comments: