Friday, March 23, 2007

The SUNSHINE Coast




Greetings from Noosa! I am just north of Brisbane on the east coast of Australia now. Staying in a backpacker hostel. Got in last night from the most unbelievable trip to Fraser Island! There were only 3 other people on the tour with me (all German) and we got along great!! Our tour guide, Adam, was a trip and kept things interesting. He is threatening to come visit me in Hawaii.. somehow I am sure he will!! The perched lakes were AMAZING... blue, green, brown. The sand was sugary like the Bahamas or the west coast of Florida. Pics above are of the beach on the island and of me enjoying Eli Creek. We trekked thru the rainforest and 4 wheeled on the beach while we were there. Dingos all around our camp (cottage actually) looking for food. They reminded me of Jack.. I miss him!! I wanted to pet the dingos, but you can't. They can be very agressive when they feel threatened apparently.

I really enjoyed the company of the Germans on the trip. My fav was a young guy named Flo.. who I gave the nickname "Captain Caddy Catwalk, the German shark"! He is in law school and traveling here a bit after an internship outside of Sydney. I have told him that I will ask a tennis friend of mine, Shannon, if she can arrange an internship for him on Maui in August. That would be great. His birthday is the day before mine and he really is a character!

I hiked in the Noosa National Park earlier with two girls from the UK. We will go out later for dinner and drinks. Then I leave tomorrow to fly to Melbourne. Sharon will pick me up at the airport (a houseswapper from Maui) and allow me to stay in her condo with her. Apparently it is right near the train station so that will make navigation easier. I understand it is much smaller and more manageable to navigate than Sydney. I am sooo directionally challenged that I hope it is!! The weather right now is rainy there I hear, so I hope it clears up before I arrive. It is already going to be chilly/cold while I'm there. And you KNOW I'm a wimp now more than ever in regards to the weather.

Well, I better go!! Hugs and kisses to you!! Cheers, Susie :) (pics to be added when I return)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Been thinking about ya! Sounds like your having one hell of time (yeah!!!!). Can't wait to see ya and the pictures!!!

Take care, keep having fun and call me when you get back!

Miss ya!!!

Aloha,

Pandora