Saturday, November 12, 2005

Halloween on Front Street, Ocean Kayaking...


I am way behind in my blogging. Guess it's a good sign that I've been too busy doing stuff to sit down and write about it! Go to http://community.webshots.com/album/502224907sMtGOJ
to see some shots of Halloween in Front Street if you haven't seen them already. These are Kurt's pics.. I ended up using a digital camera and haven't developed it yet. Contrary to what I look like in the photos, I had very little to drink that night. My eyes tell another story, but I swear I was so tired from the weekend that I barely indulged! There were so many awesome costumes... people really went all out. My fav group costume was "Studio 54" where a group of 10 or so dressed as different people at the bar.. bartender, bouncer, dancers, etc. and they had a disco ball hanging over them, a turn table, and a rope around the whole group. It was awesome! Don't ask about Kurt's friend "Clowny", as there is no logical explanation.

Fast forward to today, 11/12... I went ocean kayaking for the first time today! It was so sweet. A friend's landlord was at the same beach that we were today (Turtle Town) and had 2 kayaks that he let us use. I loved it! A sea turtle came up to see us while we were out in the middle of the ocean.

Tonight I'm heading to Willie Nelson's place, Charley's, up in a small hippie town called Paia with a bunch of girls. I am getting ready to take a nap and will probably drive separately b/c I have a singles match in the morning that I want to be ready for. Me, playing singles.. should be interesting.

I have decided I want to write a children's book with Hawaiian flare, and I've asked my friend Kimberly to draw the pictures. If it works out, I could retire by age 33!! For real, if we pull it off it could be quite profitable (sp?).

Anyway, I'm pau (done) for now. Gotta go catch some sleep. I miss my friends and family and can't wait to see everyone at Christmas!! Leave a spot for me on your social calendar for sure. Malama pono, Susie

No comments: