Saturday, September 03, 2005

I'm gonna write a book

Aloha to you. I have decided that I'm going to write a book. No kidding. This stuff is just too good to keep to myself. I thought that the icing on the cake of the incompetent, inefficient way things work around here was the driver's license saga. WRONG. Today I went to the post office to pick up a box that my mom mailed to me several weeks ago. I gave the lady my pick up card, and she proceded to hand me a huge, very light box. The box was EMPTY. That's right. My mom paid $35.00 plus insurance to send an empty box 5000 miles to me. Of course, I'm not sure when it became an empty box, but I'm sure some lame ass postal worker is enjoying carrying around the Kate Spade purse that was in the box. The one I bought in the Bahamas that I LOVE. I'm sure they are enjoying wiping their ass with my designer towels that were in the box. I'm not even sure what else was in the box since I packed about 30 million boxes between my classroom and home and the move. I swear to you that this is a true story. I am going to be reimbursed $100 b/c my mom erroneously insured the box. You see, she was on pain medicine for her back when she mailed it, and she meant to insure the envelope that she mailed with it containing some checks. She accidently insured this box, which turns out perfectly since I have already deposited the checks she mailed and now will at least get some cash for the stolen goods. Note to self: do not have ANYTHING mailed unless it has no value.

I'm going to go get a pedicure and forget that this happened. I didn't make it to the beach today and I'm working at the restaurant tomorrow am, but Monday I will be there all day! I refuse to get too discouraged, but if i learn anything here it will be patience. DAMN.

No comments: